Teaching students about careers is a collective partnership; all members of staff have a responsibility to inform students of their future options.
We all have the opportunity to contribute to the teaching of careers at Hummersknott by:
- •Delivering careers related sessions through form tutor time;
- •Talking to pupils about our own careers and the career paths we have chosen;
- •Developing links with local employers who can help bring our curriculum to life and give it a purpose;
- •Taking time to understand the post-16 options available to pupils and discussing them in class;
- •Inviting local employers, colleges and universities to our lessons to make links between school and the wider world.
If you need any further help or guidance on any of the above, please speak to Mrs Calloway or Miss Tindale.